Frimley Road Ash Vale, Ash Vale GU12 5NZ, United Kingdom
Full Time/Part Time - Full Days
Monday - Friday, Flexible, All year round
Full and Relevant Level 2 Childcare Qualification is essential
Salary ranging from £17,000 - £23,200 per annum
Cherryvale Nursery are looking for a Level 2 Nursery Practitioner to join their growing team. Within this role you will be responsible for a designated group of children as a key person and will guide the children through the daily routine, liaise with parents and provide an enabling environment.
Cherryvale was established in May 1998 so celebrates an amazing 25 years this summer! The nursery boasts an impressive building which includes 5 different age group rooms, a 0-2’s sensory room and a Technology suite for the older children as well as an on-site kitchen that caters for lunch and tea for the children and lunch and beverages for all of the staff! We have 2 large separate outdoor spaces for the older and younger children and there is staff parking on site. We are close to the train station and there are also good bus links close by.
Nursery Practitioner duties and responsibilities*:
- Ensure that each child’s individual needs are met and a high standard of professional care and education is delivered in a caring, safe and secure environment in which all children can play, learn and develop
- Observe, assess and plan an interesting, stimulating and challenging range of early years activities which supports each child’s individual learning and development needs and abilities
- Engage as a professional member of the team, exhibiting a flexible attitude and willingness to develop new skills
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are read, applied, reviewed regularly and adhered to by all
- Follow risk assessments diligently and report all health and safety matters to management
- Enhance the all-around daily needs of children, including their physical, intellectual, social and emotional development
*Duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive or restrictive, changes and other duties relevant to this post may be added.
Nursery Practitioner requirements and skills:
- Full and relevant Level 2 childcare qualification - essential
- Fluent in written and spoken English - essential
- Over 1 year’s experience of working in Early Years - desirable
- Knowledge of the Statutory framework for the EYFS and regulatory requirements - desirable
You will be provided with on-the-job training from our team and the opportunity to attend our in-house training centre and work towards your future progression.
We are committed to ensuring everyone is responsible for Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The recruitment process supports safer recruitment practices, and all staff are required to complete safeguarding training as part of their induction program. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check and references will be obtained.
- 152 Views
- 0 Applicants
Date Posted24 February, 2023
LocationAsh Vale,United Kingdom
Job TitleNursery Practitioner Level 2
ExperienceExperience working within an Early Years setting
QualificationFull and Relevant Level 2 childcare qualification
Enter your zip code to get the distance from your home
Nursery Practitioner Level 2
CompanyCherryVale Nursery - Recruitment
AddressFrimley Road Ash Vale, Ash Vale GU12 5NZ, United Kingdom